Tuesday 13 November 2007

Celine Dion

Now, as a Canadian I have reservations in even saying this...but...I'm not a Celine Dion Fan. My reservations are that she's such a Canadian icon that it seems a shame not to follow her career. Her music is beautiful, but...it's in that genre of larger than life...international superstar...And...it's not my thing. It's fantastic, great, wonderful, but not my thing.

That being said, I just caught her on Oprah, and she sang her new song 'Taking Chances' and I was like 'Hey, that song is from Celine Dion! I love that song'.

This song is a real departure for me, from her trademark style...and I think I'm going to buy my first Celine Dion Album. I'm no music critic, nor do I know much about music styles, but...something is different...and I love it. I guess I'm finally feeling the right vibe from my fellow Canuck.

Here it is on You Tube...listen...and then go buy it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRoosUq1Eig

Hmmm...I'm just now (a day later) reading some of the posts on UTube...it's not 'her' song...it's a remake. Just the same, I like it. I hope maybe she looks to putting out some of her own music with this flavor. I'd be up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment