Monday 12 November 2007

Garbage Bags

Seemed like a Sunday sort of thing, sitting around, drinking coffee, made cookies, did some preliminary Christmas card construction with the kids, reworked the old Blog and...thought about ways to 'Be Green'. One thing that hit me was using garbage bags in the kitchen garbage can. Actually, we're out of garbage bags at the moment, and I'm using the bags I get from the grocery store (the ones my groceries come it) and I thought, why am I even using a bag? I don't use a bag in my little green compost bin! And I use a garbage container, that would hold leaks and such. Why aren't I just putting garbage into the container and then cleaning the container...or perhaps lining it with something like paper so that at the very least, nothing sticks too hard to the can making it hard to clean.

And yes...I have bought the reusable grocery bags...but as of yet, I've not remembered to take them to the store.

So...starting tomorrow I'm going to try and stop using garbage bags in the kitchen/bathroom garbage cans. Seems easy enough...but old habits are hard to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment