Monday 31 December 2007

Sea Glass Jewellery


I think I'll revisit this design in the New Year. I wanted to call a series like this 'Clothes Line'. I told that to a fellow vendor at a show last year and she laughed. But I can't help thinking of a clothes line when I look at that long, slightly curved line that the pendant dangles from. This blue piece of sea glass actually was replaced with another and found it's way to a different piece of jewellery
(Blue Midnight). My now 7yr old daughter used to ask me all the time why we didn't have a clothes line. A comment that made my mother laugh hard. Let's see...because our yard is not large enough...because in the winter you can't use it anyway...becuase...because...because I'm too lazy and the dryer is too darn convenient okay! If we ever move and get a larger place I'm going to put up a clothes line. I'm never going to use it, but it will make my mom laugh when she visits (my mother-in-law too for that matter as they both use one) and my daughter can feel free to use a clothes line when she learns to do her own laundry (which might be very soon if she keeps questioning my techniques).

No comments:

Post a Comment